WHat do you do when you don't wanna be friends with someone anymore?

A girl and I have been friends since high school, but the truth is I don't really like her that much. She's okay sometimes but most of the time she's a little self-absorbed and kinda prejudice sometimes and snobby. I'm kinda sick of it, but I don't know how to break it off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Stay busy with your life and sort of fade out of her's. Be busy when she wants to hang. She'll get on with her life.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If you are not the type who likes or wants any confrontation start weening her from you slowly. until you no longer have contact with her. If she asks you if there is a problem be honest and say yes there is....we just don't seem to have much in common any more. I think we should go our seperate ways........
    G/L
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Tell her that you don't like being friends with self-absorbed snobby people and people who are prejudice. Tell her what you told us. Or simply stop returning her phone calls and make up things when she wants to hang out if she doesn't listen to you the first time
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If youre not that tight anyway,then just ignore any future calls,emails or whatever.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 4:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Stop answering her calls and don't return them. She'll get tired of trying to get with you and go away.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If I don't want to be friends with someone. Then I'm not friends with them..

I don't maintain friendship for other people, I maintain them for myself.

I personally, just break off friendships I no longer want. I just quit having anything to do with the person. If the contact me, I flat out tell them I'm not interested in having anything to do with them. If that's not good enough for them, oh well. So be it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Just decide what your boundaries will be. If your children and hers are very good friends, offer to babysit while she can go out, or something, so she doesn't have to hang around. Or invite their children to come along on a bowling trip or something so yall can enjoy the kids being together.
    As for you two, is she showing up at the house, or calling a lot?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Slowly break away, if you can/ want to. I've done that then it's just that you've grown appart.Or just say so to her, thats not mean to say but honest.'
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 4:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You just stop talking to that person. Don't answer calls, don't do things with her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You either tell her or you slowly stop talking to her. Either way just end it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010