for those against gay marriage

This is a question to those who are against gay marriage because you "don't agree with their choices"...

Would you also be against the marriage of a man and woman if you knew they were doing things you didn't agree with in the bedroom?

I assume that by their choices you are refering to choices made privately between the individuals.

Why can you not see past your personal feelings of their "choices" and recognized that they are people, deserving of rights in this country?

ToriBabe1221

Asked by ToriBabe1221 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• A Gay Couple - 2 CONSENTING ADULTS entering into marriage

Those who ask if you'd be okay with two CHILDREN getting married, or a human and a pet animal getting married - GET SERIOUS!! That is not comparable.

2 CONSENTING ADULTS should have the right to marry. Oh and I don't see anything wrong with multiple marriage partners if ALL ADULTS consent to it. Someone brought that up too. Someone else brought up siblings. All I ask is this- What pair of siblings raised together would fall in love and want to marry??? What are the CHANCES?? Do look at your OWN siblings and think if such feelings would ever even come up - LOL Now IF they did, once they hit adulthood, no IT SHOULDN'T be anyone else's business, although I'd feel sorry for the parents. :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• The image “http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/viiiper/beating-a-dead-horse.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I counted five posts on this subject just on the first page of questions. Nobody's opinion has changed since yesterday, or the day before, or the day before that. We can all just go back and re-read everyone's previous answers.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 6:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Actually, I could care less what people do in their bedrooms.. I just don't believe that homosexuality is right..., but I don't control other people..., and at the same time I will vote for what I do and don't believe in.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:53 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I understand YOUR parameters, and those are probably in-line and in agreement with the Prop 8 folks, but why should YOUR parameters be legally able to usurp the civil rights of ANOTHER entire group? Amendments to the Constitution that usurp civil rights should be illegal.

Your parameter should only apply to YOU-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• A dog and a man, 2 /10 yr olds. a .......5 /and 30yr old, great way to define what is really debatable.

In all respects, their is no way the government can be compared to the churches standards which by the way are from the bible. However, it's not the debate so much as what's going on in the minds of people.

I've been hurt, emotionally, physically, spiritually, but never, never would I want to be pushing for this, it only erodes the entire purpose of the man and woman being holy together in the original idea , I don't stand for it because it's something that exploits the truth.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 5:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• For those of you who complain about the subject matter, pass it or create a post of your own.

Answer by older at 8:41 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Personally I like the idea of the government not getting involved in what a marriage is

Then you would definitely have been anti- Prop 8. The Prop 8 proponents wanted to place the government in everyone's marriage by allowing officials to redefine the terms of marriage. Prop 8, by it's very definition, determined who could and could not legally marry in CA.

For conversation sake, we are referring to ADULTS only when we discuss marriage on this forum.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• And what about the non religious among us? I guess they do not get to marry?

How about we take religion and God out of the equation?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• No matter what, there IS a basic definition of marriage. People want that definition to change, but even those who want it change should recognize that they are still setting parameters on what makes a marriage, there will still be exclusions.

Yes it is a union between two people. It does not say sex orientated look it up in the dictionary.

I agree OP! Great post I bumped you.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2010