Could I be pregnant?

I breastfed my son until he was 8 and a half months old. I finally got my first period at the beginning of September. I am now 3 days late according to what my cycle should be. I have had 2 negative tests. Could I be pregnant or does it take a while to get regular after having a baby and breastfeeding for so long?

babyboyWill

Asked by babyboyWill at 9:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• THE FIRST POST IS WRONG. IF YOU BREASTFEED ON DEMAND THEN YOU CAN BE CYCLE FREE THE ENTIRE TIME YOU BREASTFEED. I BREASTFED MY 1ST CHILD FOR A YEAR AND NO PERIOD THE ENTIRE TIME, DURING WHICH I HAD MY ANNUAL VISIT AND MY DR TOLD ME IT WAS COMPLETELY NORMAL. I'VE BEEN BREASTFEEDING FOR 6 MONTHS NOW AND NO PERIOD.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 10:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• You're probably not regular yet although it's not normal to not have a period the entire time you are breastfeeding, you should get a period by 6 months postpartum so I would check in with our Dr. either way.
    Anonymous

• i'm having the same exact problem as you. My last period was sept 3rd and I tested and it said negative. So I will wait one more week and test again. Then if I get a negative I will just have to assume that breastfeeding is causing my periods to be irregular. So good luck.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• It takes awhile for your cycles to even out. Take another test if your period isn't here in a few weeks though. Good luck!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008