for those against gay marriage

This is a question to those who are against gay marriage because you "don't agree with their choices"...

Would you also be against the marriage of a man and woman if you knew they were doing things you didn't agree with in the bedroom?

I assume that by their choices you are refering to choices made privately between the individuals.

Why can you not see past your personal feelings of their "choices" and recognized that they are people, deserving of rights in this country?

ToriBabe1221

Asked by ToriBabe1221 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I have NEVER understood this... If a straight couple is having oral or anal sex, aren't they committing the SAME ACT as a homosexual couple is? What is the difference? How is one okay and one not? Frankly, I don't see how anyone can look around and say everyone has to believe the same as me, or I have to force my beliefs on others... We see this attitude over and over again through history and it NEVER ends well... To deny someone the freedom to marry or adopt simply because YOUR beliefs don't fit their lives is oppression at best...

Sorry, I know you said those who are against, but these always get me going...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I can post more if you want nannyb it all comes from the bible. You going to start stoning people now because God said so?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I think marriage should be allowed to everyone and no one has a right to say who has rights and who does not.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I am against homosexual marriage because God says it is sin, and I agree with Him. That's the only reason I am against it. What a man and a woman does in their bedroom has absolutely nothing to do with homosexual marriage.

Technically if you take the bible known today as literal, so is sodomy (anal) , adultery, and many other things straight couples do. I believe this is what OP is referring. So yes they would be sinning to so why do you only stick your nose up a homosexuals bedroom interaction, and not a heterosexuals.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• nannyb god also says to stone people you're going to follow that as well?

For touching Mount Sinai

Whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death. Exodus 19:13

For taking "accursed things"

Achan ... took of the accursed thing. ... And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. ... So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger. Joshua 7:1-26

For cursing or blaspheming

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. Leviticus 24:16

For adultery (including urban rape victims who fail to scream loud enough)

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I agree with pinkdragon
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Dull- I do not beliee that Nanny was being stoned, but I would be interested to hear her take on what the others posted here. She seems to take the Bible quite literally. Must be hard to live in America IF those are her true beliefs.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I agree with Sabrina.

Answer by older at 8:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I am all for gay marriage. I figure if i was able to marry the man that i love and want to spend my life with then why cant a man marry the man he loves or a woman marry the woman that she loves. And just to throw this in here also I also feel that they can raise kids without a problem
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think marriage should be allowed between any 2 consulting adults PERIOD gender isnt a factor
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2010