Anyone got any ideas on how to get your little one to eat more ??

My daughter is a very picky eater sometimes she just wont eat at all.. it worries me but the doctor says she is fine.. but still i want her to be healthy and eat.. lol.. any ideas ??

BabyGirl1485

Asked by BabyGirl1485 at 4:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Offer small amounts of several different things.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 4:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I've never known a young child to intentionally starve themselves when food is readily available. Keep offering her healthy snacks and meals, limit the junk, and she'll be fine. If the doctor says she's fine height and weight wise, then don't worry. She'll be healthy and strong if she eats healthy foods and drinks.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• seriously...she will eat when she is hungry. Kids tend to go thru growth spurts sometimes they eat a lot while other times you think they are hardly eating enough to keep a bird alive. I have 2 boys and they did it....DROVE ME NUTS !!. They both are healthy and eat well. I would try to relax and listen to your Doc. As long as they are growing at a normal pace they should be okay and the Doc will not worry. Its when kids stop growing then the Docs will let you know when to worry...
    Hugs momma
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Make a game out of trying new foods. Tell her that if she eats at least two bites of something new she can finish having something you know that she will eat. That way she will try new foods and she may even learn that there are more foods that she likes but just have not tried.
    MEWRITER97

Answer by MEWRITER97 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My son was SO picky until I became broke enough to not buy snacks/junk food.. now he eats whatever I make him lol He hated eggs before..now he eats them like nothing ,,,lol
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 5:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Offer smaller meals throughout the day instead of large meals. A child this age eats a lot less than an adult. Don't forget she is a little girl, not a mini adult. She will not starve, she will eat when she is hungry and stop when she is not. Don't force her to eat, especially if the doctor isn't worried about her height/weight and health.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• As long as her growth continues on the upward scale and her dr isn't concerned, it's okay. I have a child with a severe eating disorder and actually 'would' starve himself if I wasn't pumping in his food and calories, but his dr is well aware of the issues. It sounds like in your case, you have nothing to worry about. :)
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My son gets three meals a day, and he can have small snacks throughout the day. However, if he doesn't eat a significant amount of food at each meal, he doesn't get a snack until said meal is "finished". For example, if he has waffles, yogurt, and strawberries for breakfast, and he doesn't eat his strawberries, he is not allowed to have a snack until he's eaten the strawberries.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Offer healthy foods and she will eat or she won;t. She won't starve and as long as what she does eat is healthy...she is fine.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• She will eat when she is hungry and if the pedi isn't concerened, you needn't be.
    Be sure to offer healthy meals/snacks at regular times throughout the day. Set meal/snack times will ensure that she'll eat/drink well rather than letting her "graze" throughout the day. I have sabotaged myself on more than one occasion by not paying attention to the clock and then realized that I've just given them a snack too close to a meal which means they won't eat well.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010