I know about someone who is cheating on their wife. I feel bad for her. What do I do?

My husband has a business associate he does a lot of work with. We are pretty friendly with him and see his wife on occasions. They have been having problems. I just found out he has been having an affair. He told her last night he was with my huband. She called me and asked if I heard from I said no, so now she knows he's lying. He told my husband everything today. I feel so bad for her she was so upset when she called. We are self employed and the business we do with this man is important. I also don't think it's my place to tell her. But she thinks she is going crazy for suspecting and she is miserable. Should I do anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• What does your husband think you should do? I would go with what he says b/c this could cause a huge upset between these two and since they are in business together a lot is at stake here, Sounds like shes already putting two and two together all on her own. I would be a sounding board for her at this point, but thats just my opinion. Good luck
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I would stay out of it. It's not your place to say anything. Maybe find out her e-mail and send her an anonymous e-mail from a fake e-mail you created. If I was that other woman I would want to know but if you say anything it's going to affect you and your husband and it might start problems between you and your SO. He told you about the affair to keep it between you two not go tell the wife. If he wanted the wife to know he would say something himself.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I don't know what I would do if I was in your shoes. If I was your husband I wouldnt want to do business with someone using me as an aliby cheating on their wife, and would definately have a sit-down.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If she suspects and you know for a FACT that it's true, I would tell her she is correct in her suspicions. Offer her your shoulder, and to be a sounding board. But don;t get any more involved than that.

IF it were me, I would rather know, than be taken for a fool!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i would tell her, i know it would be hard though considering hes in buisness with you... maybe have someone write a letter out for her telling her what you know that way its not in your hand writing..... put it in there mailbox addressed to her
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It's only fair for you to tell her! Think about being in her shoes...
    proudwifemom09

Answer by proudwifemom09 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I probably would let her find out on her own. Who's to say he hasn't did this before. And she stayed with him. I mean this is hard to say. And if u don't say nothing then she will be mad at you how good of a friend are u to her.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• do it just as you did here... Anonymous... the less you are involved the better off you are and so is your husband.. that way it don't come inbetween your business relationship with the ahole cheater.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My dh has had a ton of this going on at work w/ppl he works with. He has actually dropped anon letters to their wives. I think it's a hard call to make,especially when theres kids involved but bottom line,the cheated upon deserves to know the truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If you know it for a fact, you should tell her what you know. He has no right to use your husband as a cover & I personally wouldn't allow that. If it were me, This wife deserves to know what you know & that to me comes before business. I would prefer not to do business with someone of such low character anyway. If it were my husband cheating, I'd want to know & I would resent everyone who knew & didn't have to guts & integrity to tell me. I say have a heart to heart with her asap.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2010