if your married by court would u ..

still wanna get married in white and all that good stuff?
ive been married a yr and half and i would like to still do a big wedding since my DD or family werent there.
has any1 done this or would want to

Leilene07

Asked by Leilene07 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• My sister did a "vow renewal" ceremony on their 10th anniv. She got married by the Justice of the Peace and only had my Mom there the first time. And yes, she bought a white wedding dress for the renewal. I actually got married in a Church, got a divorce 3 years later and remarried the same guy 2 yrs. later at the Courthouse! Second time we just "made it legal", LOL. Good luck with what ever you decide!
    ramawin

Answer by ramawin at 7:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I was married by court and I want to have a small wedding but it's never going to happen. Hubby is against it but he doesn't realize it would mean a lot to me for my grandma to see me walk down the aisle. His parents were the only ones there because his mom refused to let us get married alone.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My husband and I got married at the courthouse. His family wasn't there and only some of mine was there. We both kept promising each other that we would do the whole big wedding at some point. After a year I finally told him I really didn't want that. He started laughing at me because he didn't want it either! lol. That was what was best for us. One of our friends actually had 2 big weddings because their familys live so far away. They had one in Ohio and one in Mississippi (I think thats where the 2nd was). They loved having 2. I say to each their own.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 4:52 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• We want a small wedding ceremony with only our closest friends and family, and then a huge reception. No one goes to see you get married (except your close friends and family). Everyone else goes for the free food and free booze! So, we're spending a ton of money on a reception, and close to nothing on the wedding. I refuse to wear white, I'll probably end up in gyspy garb!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 5:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I definitely would.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• yea he promised his gma he will have 1 for her
    ive already found the dress decorations etc..i just cant to it has always been a dream 4 me to have a wedding not big but 4 me to at least wear a dress =)
    he doesnt know how bad i want this lol
    Leilene07

Comment by Leilene07 (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• No. Personally I'd wait for a vow renewal but even that would be small. Weddings cost so much and I would rather spend it on a trip or a house or car or college funds. Have you ever considered someone might scoff at you for wearing white when you are a mom? Not bashing, just sayin'
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• no im not willing to spend so much money on it where im from everything is not expensive i would wanna do it when we turn 5yrs being married and we did it in court we never xchanged vows
    and yes i want my dress white ive seen many people wearing white and their kids being the flower girls or ring boys so i dnt mind its MY DAY =)
    Leilene07

Comment by Leilene07 (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010