What do you think about this?

My brother has a buddy who recently attempted to take his life. His wife cheated on him while he was in his house,sitting on his couch,w/another woman. He was drinking and went crazy and took several bottles of pills. He went to the hospital but then went back to his wife.
I feel bad for him and think he needs to get the heck outta the relationship. What do you think??

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 5:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• He probably does need to get out of the relationship but only he can make that decision. Until he is ready all you and your brother can do is be there for him and support him. Good Luck!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I'm sorry but his wife really needs to stop being ridiculous and cheating. I do not condone or see how any reasonable person can cheat when married. However, I do fully believe your brother needs to go get some psychiatric help as well. Ending your life, or attempting to, over any person is not normal.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I didn't like my mom being in the abusive relationship that she was in, and I would push her to end it, for some reason that made her try harder to make it work. After I stopped butting in the relationship ended and I smile on the inside every time I think about it.

So sometimes if you aren't pushing it, things work out for the better naturally
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• sounds to me he needs more professional help
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• He needs to get proffessional help. And yes, get out of that relationship.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I think he's still in love with the woman even though the woman is cheating on him. Otherwise he wouldn't take a bottle of pills t oend it all. If she doesn't want to be with him anymore, than he will have to learn to deal with what's coming his way. Relationships go sour at any point in time. However, that's no reason to take your life. It is extremely painful knowing that the person you've been with doesn't love you anymore, but someone has to tell him there's "other fish in the sea."
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• he needs professional help........NOW.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 6:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• This makes me so sad.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• it doesn't matter what you think. it only matters what he thinks. it sounds like a horrible situation and the best that you can do is just be encouraging and supportive and leave your opinions about his decisions out of it... he is in a shaky place and for whatever reason he is choosing alot of pain. people in that state of mind do not necessarily think logically or reasonably and you can easily push him farther into his hole by trying to inflict your decisions on him. encourage him to talk through his feelings and reasons with you just so that he can recognize on his own what needs to be done simply by facing his own thoughts. hopefully he will get help and encourage him to do so but don't push.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Its for him to decide,why to meddle with some one else's life
    A11

Answer by A11 at 2:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2010