Could I be in early labor??

I'll be 39 weeks on tuesday..and I've had an appt telling me I'm one cm dialated and 70% effaced. I've had braxton hicks for the last week or so, but they always end up going away by the time I go to bed. For the last 20 minutes I have had two pains in my belly, but it didn't really tighten up my belly. She moves a little..and I'm very nauseated. I'm still sitting here with my feet up, and not sure if I should call my mom to come sit with me just in case. (My husband is deployed, and will be home in two days...:P) What do you guys think???

Graicysmom10

Asked by Graicysmom10 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i'd have her come just to be safe. It may just be nerves
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I would call mom. Your super close and it could very possibly be labor. Better safe then sorry.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Also wanted to add if I was that close I wouldnt want to be by myself, How far away is mom? Thats another important point too.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Mom is only about 6 blocks from me. I live in a very small town. My husband was just talking to me on facebook and I told him about the pains and he said maybe I should have someone come sit with me. My doctor told me that real contractions start at the top of your belly, and work their way down, and when I had these pains, I really didn't have much tighening at all. Maybe I should call the OB and talk to them if they continue? You guys are great btw. :)
    Graicysmom10

Comment by Graicysmom10 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I would have your Mom come over and sit with you. With as close as you are it could be. Labor starts differently for everyone. Best of Luck. You should be meeting your little one very soon :-)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 7:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Call your mom. Thats what happened to me when iwas pregnant with my son. I started early labor about Monday. Alot of braxton hicks. But they'd go away if I walked around, drank some juice and relaxed. Pain but no tightening. I was 1 CM when it started. By Friday I had lost the mucas plug and delivered Saturday. Good luck and Congrats. You're Little One should be making her entrance soon!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• and Mom2be626..babies can come really fast.. I know woman you had just started feeling pain and delivered within the hour..it all depends on ur strength of ur pain lol. I delivered my son in 4 hrs and he literly flew out..but thats a story :D
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2010