Would let your 10 yr old put temp hair color in her hair??

My dd has light brown hair,she wants blond hair. I have let her get hightlights but she wants to go actual blond. I say no. What would you say?

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 5:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Hilights alone are enough for a 10 year old.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Nope too young! I would make her wait until she is at least in her teens.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Depending on the color blond she wanted, I'd probably let her. If she wanted it like really light blond, then no because it's rough on your hair and I don't like bleach blond anyway (my natural color is almost platinum, I hate it and keep it dyed red). If she just wanted a darker to medium blond, then I'd be perfectly ok with it. I agree that her hair would have to be very light brown for you to get the temporary color to work at all.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Temporary hair color is like hair makeup; it only lasts until you wash (and often not even that long—that stuff rubs off on everything!) Let her play, for goodness sake!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• she's not going to be able to go really blond unless her brown hair is light, otherwise the temp color isn't strong enough, going blond requires bleaching your hair. W/ that said I say let her! Its just temporary & its a fun way for her to experiment w/ her look. Have fun, just stay away from permanent!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Nope and if her hair is brown she has to get a lightning kit then dye blonde over it! I would not let my child do this
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My 7 yo son has red, really red, "frosted" tips in his hair right now, my 12yo son has frosted tips, real bleached frosted. My sis is a hair dresser, teaches at a hair college and works for Loreal Professional, so she does it. It's just hair, it will grow out, worst comes to worst, she'll end up with a really short 'do for a while - not the end of the world. But if you really do feel strongly about it, explain your feelings to her and tell her she can do it when she's older.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I think it's okay at 10. I wouldn't have been able to,.,, but I see no problem with it.. besides it's temporary, anyhow.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I'd let her....there's a LOT worse things a kid can do these days than play around with different hair colors.
    Since her hair is light brown, you might try haveing her wash it in lemon juice (from lemons, not that bottled stuff)....do not wash it out......let it air dry outside in the sun. That may lighten her hair. I did it all the time and if nothing else, it usually gives you really great highlights and it's something she can do that won't cost much.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 7:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• sure if she is not allergic to the chemicals in it.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 8:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2010