kinda freaking out! please help!! adult content

ok so we have been going through some hard times and couldnt afford birth control but i just got some friday and the dr told me to start it sunday! ok well last night i had sex with my husband and well when we were done we realized the condom BROKE!! uhhh this is the last thing i need! well i was wondering what i can do? i called about the plan b and its like 60 dollars and the said i could get it prescribed but by Monday it will be too late. i had my period thursday! is there anything i can do? should i still start my pills today? thank you!!

Reneemommy

Asked by Reneemommy at 5:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Honestly? I'd take 2 of the bc pills you have & take em religiously from today on.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• start them today, read the instructions, doubling isn't going to do anything for you and does not work as plan B in that way. Just start now. and if you really don't want to get pregnant and want to save money the Depo Shot is every 3 months
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If the last day of your period was on Thursday, I'd say it's pretty doubtful that you would have gotten pregnant. Do you know when in your cycle you ovulate?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• no i started thursday not sure i just have a period every 28-29 days
    Reneemommy

Comment by Reneemommy (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• our clinics here are not open and we dont have a plan parent hood
    Reneemommy

Comment by Reneemommy (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My two cents is that a the depo shot does horrible things to your body. I should know I'm just coming off of it and having a horrible time trying to conceive. But if you are worried about the cost planned parenthood has ways to help those couples who have trouble affording birth control. An as a woman that survived some oops in high-school when a condom broke I'll tell you that you should be fine, but if you are really concerned take to your doctor and listen to your heart you'll know if you are pregnant before anyone else. An further more one you start bleeding its extremely hard to get pregnant , I know we (my and my fiance) tried. So fear not and wait and see.

I hope this helps you a bit if not I'm sorry.

-ally ^___^ *sending hopeful happy vibes your way*
    HopefulMom2B08

Answer by HopefulMom2B08 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't freak out just yet.... it seems your freaking yourself out over a 50/50 chance. At this point it sounds like you can't afford the other alternative sooo you will just have to wait and see... Continue to take the BC pills as directed, maybe in another month get a pregnancy test and test yourself. I suggest that also use a spermiside with the condoms.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• TAKE THE PILL YOU SHOULD BE FINE GOOD UCK
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If you had it thursday your not preggo. it''s been to soon. You usually ovulate 14 days after you stop bleeding.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Just start taking the pill. You should be fine.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2010