Golden retriever dog bed...... large or extra large?

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 6:00 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pets

• The LL Bean rectangular dog beds are oversized, and my SIL just bought two for their male and female Black Lab/Retriever mutts...they bought the Large sized ones..they fit them perfectly.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/134?nav=gnro

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• extra large. Those are not small dogs. The one sitting next to me keeps trying to edge me off the couch.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• XL
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Def. extra large...although our crazy lab preferred to sleep on the bean bag.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• lol, i have a golden retriever (hes 90lbs), and 2 small dogs (18lbs each).they each have their own lil bed thingy, my golden retriever prefers the lil beds..his butt barely fits in it tho..but hes weird...i would go for the extra large..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• XL!!! If you have the room in you place get an XL. I had a Collie and a small place and made room for and XL bed. At the time I had no children so he was my baby(RIP T.J.). Look on line if you have to, there are some great prices for dog beds! My friend found one for about $20. Good Luck with you 4 legged baby!!
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 6:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• When in doubt, always go bigger.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Assuming you have the space, the larger the bed, the better. I'd go with the XL.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 11:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I'd say XL they like to spread their back legs out sometimes, so that would be the best way to go. We all like to stretch out so do our best friends.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2010