1st birthday tears

My son's first birthday is fast approaching. We are having a party with quite a few guests (SO and I have HUGE families) and I'm afraid that i'm going to be a puddle of tears. I cry about how fast he's grown up almost everyday as it is. I'm afraid that on this milestone I am going to lose it. Any ideas on what i can do to try to 'save face' , or should i just accept the fact that its going to be a hard day and buy some extra Kleenex?

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 9:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• BUY KLEENEX
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Aww, I know how hard this is! I've been through it before. I am not so sure as to how you can "save face" but I would definitely buy some extra kleenex. And try to keep yourself busy talking to people! That way you won't be thinking about it too much. If all else fails, just let it out sista! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Buy Kleenex hun, I was the same way, I cried at everything even him turning 1, while I am so proud of the cute little boy he has become I really miss the first days when he was so tiny and would lay in my arms without squirming to get down and run around. They do grow so fast, my heart was broken when my baby boy turned 1 - he is our little man!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 12:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Load up on the Kleenex. My son will be 1 in 18 days. I want to cry every time I think about his party! I know I will be a wreck too! He just started walking too, so that just makes it even harder. He is such a big boy now, not a baby anymore! :(
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 10:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2008