babymamas and men

do you think that a men will always have feelings for his babymom.?

amiyamom

Asked by amiyamom at 10:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• Not necessarily. My ex told all his friends that my daughter and I were dead. I don't think he has feelings for me anymore.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• to some extent... yes, i think so. depends on the person...

that doesn't always mean that they want to be together, though.
    Anonymous

• No, I don't think so. Maybe always a certain level of respect for that person, because she is the mother of his child, but not necessarily "love" or anything like that.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I don't think they always have feelings for them but I do believe they have a certain connection with them that they don't have with a girlfriend. I will say this my son's dad and I are not together anymore but I finally have no feeling for him, good, bad or indifferent. Hope this helps.
    MikkelsMom

Answer by MikkelsMom at 10:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I don't think my cousin's dad has any respect for his mom (also my cousin, duh).

In fact, he doesn't have ANY pictures of his son on his myspace...and my cousin was the first one to inform his new girlfriend that he even had a child. He wants to sign over all rights to my cousin and forget that he ever fathered a baby. Kind of evil if you ask me.

So no, I don't think a 'baby daddy' will always have a special place in their heart for the 'baby mama'. Men don't work the same way that women do.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Depends on what you were to him before you were his baby momma. My husband has a baby from a one night stand....he has zero feelings for the momma, though he loves his son. I on the other hand have a daughter from a very serious relationship that ended 6 years ago. Her father still has very strong feelings towards me...he hasn't even had a serious relationship since we split. (I personally think his feelings are mostly from guilt) But everyone is different and every situation is different. Just cause you are a baby momma doesn't mean there will always be love.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 10:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Nope, I sure don't. I think men have an easier time separating sex and the past from current relationships. Hell, my daughter's bio dad got married to a stranger while I was pregnant and has never seen his daughter...I seriously doubt he's going to come running back to me anytime soon! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Not always. I agree that it depends on the person. I don't think I'd b jealous though. Talk 2 him, let him know how u feel & work it out 2gether.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• No, not always. If he has love for his kids, he may always have some admiration and genuine gratitude for her giving him that gift. And furthermore, if she is a good mother to the kids, he will care about her well being ...since he doesn't want his kids to suffer. Make sense? None of this may mean that he still loves her in a romantic way. Now having said that, there are some assholes out there that still cross a few boundaries with some babymamas. Make sure those boundaries are clearly defined! If you feel something is up, don't ignore it.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I really don't care either way if he has feelings for me or not and why should it matter when you both have moved on. i don't think i have feelings for my babies daddy. so i think it goes both ways.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 6, 2008