This is just for fun!!! If your teen daughter had a baby and after she gave birth she didnt take responsibility?

What would you do if your teen daughter got pregnant and didnt tell you tell she was like 7 monthes and then afer she had the baby she went out and didnt take responsibility?

Or even if your son got some female pregnant and didnt own up to his responsibility?

parisonmom

Asked by parisonmom at 6:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Kick his/her a$$...lol No, seriously. i certainly wouldn't be raising the kid. If they did the deed, they can take responsibility or give the child up for adoption. I would be all up in his/her butt to grow up and care for their baby. If he/she was living in my house, I would MAKE them.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 6:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Well... I would take care of the baby! Yes, it's not my job but it's still my grandchild and if she wants to be irresponsible then let her. She will be missing out... Now, if she is living in my house, then she WILL own up to the responsibility of this life she created. I would always help though... If it was my son, I would kick his butt. He needs to be a man!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I would take care of the baby but I would also work hard at teaching my Child responsibility. It is very common for this to happen. As Foster Parents we have gotten many placements that have been taken by the Grandparents. There are so many GP raising their GC in Today's Society. We need to do better at teaching our children that there are consequences for every action and they have to own up to that. If it was my Daugther we would have a lot of heart to heart talks and I would be making her live with me. She would be waking up when I wake up and etc. If she didn't take responsbility then she would not be living with me. If it were my Son, I would kick his tail.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 6:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Going through this right now. I have had my granddaughter since she was 2 weeks old. Mother & Father turned their backs and they were even married (for 1 year). Parents separated and went their separate ways. Daughter and baby moved in with me and hubby and refused to take care of baby. Stayed out late, sometimes overnight with different guys, etc.....After 8 months of that, we kicked her out, but not without giving her options first. Options that she refused. We now have guardianship and are raising a beautiful baby. She will be 1 yr old this month. So the answer to your question is that I would take the baby and raise it. The baby is family and didn't ask to be born. My hubby and I are 50 years old. I work a full time job and he does not work, which makes it great, he is the mom and I am the dad....LOL.
    dholbert

Answer by dholbert at 6:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If that happened I would get legal custody so the child would have a responsible parent.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I am praying I never have to be in this situation but I would be supportive in either situation. Good luck.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I don't want that to happen... I cna't even think about it after the day I had today..,, so lets say it wont'
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I would care for the child, but i am confident that that wont happen, the best tool to prevent is giving them a good relationship with God...IMHO
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Never would happen! But just for grins, I would take care of the child and ride their ass from here to next easter until they did what they should do!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2010