Swimming..... Should you use special shampoo if you swim often?

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 6:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• It depends on if your fairly light. You should use good shampoo if you swim often no matter what, even more so if you're blond though. I'm currently in Cosmetology school! If you can't afford the salon prices I would look for brands like Nexxus or Aveeno. Stay away from pantene, and dove. Your hair is already being abused by the chlorine and all the chemicals in a pool, if you use brands like those that already put wax & build up on your hair it will just make it worse.
    Hope this helps!
    Sincerely Alix
    love2love1013

Answer by love2love1013 at 6:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• nope
    wildthing813

Answer by wildthing813 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• No.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• To keep the green out.. use tomato juice.. trust and believe me it works my grandma use to do this to my sister and i.. we lived in the pool on her ranch. And were both blonds.. Also so your hair doesn't get dry do a Hot Oil treatment
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• floating in poolWhen I was younger I was a lifeguard and on swim team. I would use a swimming shampoo during swim season and I'm not sure if this helped or not but I would get my hair wet before I got into the pool thinking the chlorine would do less damage then.

HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• you should shampoo immediately after getting out, that's for sure. i'd recommend malibu anti-chlorine shampoo, if you're looking for a good stripper. however, you can always add a little baking soda to your regular shampoo to clean it better. the key is to not let the chlorine sit. even if you have no shampoo, you need a really good rinsing in a shower.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Redken makes a shampoo for swimmers. It actually blocks out the chlorine and prevents the damage it causes. Joico makes one as well.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It depends on your hair, and where your swimming. You may want to use a clairifying shampoo a few times a week for the harsh chemicals if you swim everyday.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2010