• In the Spotlight:

Yeah....laundry....

Everyone's favorite subject. I know! lol. I just was wondering...do you have any secrets to help make it easier? I don't mind the doing it, its the putting it away that gives me problems.

One little thing that I do is this: I try to wash all of the socks and underwear (his and mine) in the same load. When it is done, I open all 4 drawers (his underwear, my underwear, black socks and white socks) and I just throw stuff into the right drawer. No folding, but hey, at least its in the right spot! And that's one load done and over with. What tricks do you ladies have?

CarolynBarnett

Asked by CarolynBarnett at 10:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I don't know if you'd call it a trick, but after I wash a load of my clothes I'll separate everything into its own pile, like socks in one pile, underwear in the next, pants in the next, shirts in the next, and so on and so forth. Then I put away everything that doesn't have to be folded and then I hang up the shirts and then the pants. I find it easier to do it that way so you're not going to the underwear drawer to put away one pair of panties then folding and hanging a pair of jeans then putting a shirt on a hanger and stuff. I dunno...it works for me =]

Oh and also...my boyfriend does his own laundry. Hallelujah! hahaha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• well i take all the laundry for that day and fold it on my table, that way i have to put it away! and everything is together and i hang up everythin right there in the kitchen so i jsut go hang it up. i also do whites all in one load and towels in one load, so idk u just have to find a routine that works for you! --good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I do the exact same thing that caitxrawks does in the same order.

I also turn on some upbeat music while I am doing laundry since it speeds me up.

I don't think I could just throw socks in drawers without matching them up, however, I also make sure that I buy socks with printing on the bottom of each sock so that they are easier to match up.

If I do not have a match then I throw them in a special "missing sock drawer" and I go through that about once a month.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I do what Anonymous does. I put everyone's folded laundry on their placemats and their hanging clothes on their chairs. They don't get fed 'til they at least bring their laundry to the correct rooms! lol
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I only do laundry twice a week, and i try to wash all of one childs clothes at one time. then put all their clothes away at one time. tehy each have a basket in their closet, so the basket goes to the laundry and then back to their bedroom and put away. works for me.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I do what jewjewbee does. There are 6 of us, and I do each childs laundry seperately. They each have a hamper, and I only bring one to the laundry room at a time. They put their own away, but for me and SO, I try to put it away load by load. Otherwise, I have a livingroom full of piles of folded laundry. I also sort socks as soon as their done. And I have a basket of inevitable strays. About twice a month I go through them and see what I can match up. Good luck!! Laundry is the worst!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:58 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• a tip i got from my mom and dad on how to keep socks together in same load...when you take them off automatically roll them up together and throw them in dirty clothes!
    mom2bboy

Answer by mom2bboy at 12:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2008