Garage Sales

Are there year-round garage sales where you live? Please list your general area (closest metropolitan or SE Tennessee or whatever) and how many month of the year there are garage sales. I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex area and they are all year except when we have ice storms once in a great while.

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Southern half..... year round....... Northern half... mainly in the summer.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 7:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• sherri... everyone seems to have a different concept of where the south begins. if you feel comfortable responding with where you are - even a state will help and whether or not you do i'd be grateful.
    figaro8895

Comment by figaro8895 (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Well, I'm in FL..... year round!

I've lived up north and trust me... no one wants to have a garage sale in the winter! They sometimes have moving sales or estate sales in the winter though (that goes for all states that experience snow in the winter).
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 7:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i live in new jersey and some people have them all yr long but they are mostly in the spring and summer
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I see them year round here near Portland, OR, but there are more in the summer when it's not raining.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I live in NE Ohio where winter usually lasts from Halloween to Easter and sometimes we experience every season in one week!.. LOL.... Our garage sale season is usually mid May until the end of September.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Year around in California.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Michigan - and no way! LOL!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Florida, year round though I never do mine until January because it's just too darn hot!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• We live in NE Oklahoma and yard sale season is March or April (depends on when winter decides to leave) through October or November. I don't start hitting them until September because I hate the heat.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:52 PM on Aug. 8, 2010