Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

tooth decay what can i?do please help!

my son is 2 years old turning 3..since he was a baby i been brushing his teeth like a maniac always being careful not to mess up his teeth but out of no where my sons 2 front teeth started turning yellow then like a dark brown color..i been trying to find a dental clinic that will see him but we dnt have health insurance due to child support and i dnt really have money to afford any.. now his 4 front teeth are down to the gums and all his top teeth are trying to turn yellowish brown no matter how many times i brush or changing his tooth paste nothing seems to work..i feel so bad for him and feel horrible like i lacked on caring for his teeth..can some one please help me..i would greatly appreciate it.

Answer Question

Asked by ProudMami1990 at 7:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

Level 6 (121 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Call your local health department and ask for suggestions. Or ask his doctor, they may know of a place that can see children for free or reduced.

    Answer by Bmat at 7:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • Have you looked into medicaid or state funded reduced health insurance for children? What about CareCredit?

    Answer by But_Mommie at 7:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • Call local dentists, explain your situation, and ask for help or referrals. Call all in your area.

    Also, Google Operation Blessing International and read about their services. They are supposedly in all 50 states. Go through the website and call their 800 number.

    Also Google NIH for the National Institue of Health and search that website for dental care. Good luck

    Answer by elizabr at 7:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • at this stage of the game, i don't think there is anything you can do besides seeking professional care : (
    be very persistent in trying to find help. it is possible your baby is in pain.

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • Our local health department has up fliers for coordinating dental care for free or little for those who need it. Call your local HD. Also, apply for CareCredit online and see if you are eligible. That is how I pay for my daughter's and my own dental care since I am now uninsured. Good luck.

    Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 8:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • This might not be the case, but seeing as how you said you brush his teeth religiously, is there a change he fell and landed on his face or something? I knew a kid growing up who had two front teeth that turned dark brwn because he tripped and hit his mouth and got some nerve damage or something and the teeth were dying, whcih is why they turned that color. Come to think of it, I knew another kid who that happened to also. I've never heard of that happening to just two teeth for no reason, especially if he brushes regularly. If you can't see a dentist, try the pedi, and google low-income dentists in your area. Some will see kids for free if the parents can't afford them or get on Medicaid. Good luck.

    Answer by charliebean at 9:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • Call a local dentist

    Answer by sstepph at 10:42 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Kids' Health
Stinky baby armpits anyone?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Garage Sales