The Dreaded Curfew -Has Yours Done This When ?

Our son was not coming in at curfew on time, not real late, but he was suppose to be in when he was suppose to be in. So like any other teen he got grounded and paid his dues. So now he's 18, and he's a good kid, no curfew. We think oh boy, a few nights to ourselves, quiet Sat evening now & low & behold, doesn't he stroll in a lot of nights 9:00- 9:30. My husband & I look at each other like what THE HELL. My sister had it happen to her with 1 of her sons. Have any of you had this crazy thing happen to you? Honestly, it didn't really bother us, we were glad we knew where he was, and what he was doing, and what we WEREN'T doing too. :) Kids you gotta love um!!

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Yes, once they do not feel like they have to come in at a certain time, the thrill of doing so is gone!

Answer by older at 8:11 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• That's how it always seems to be for hubby and I. Our sons were always around before they finally headed out on their own. If they didn't have to work and were out they knew to call first, just to make sure that it was safe to come home. We have had a couple come home and with locked doors (when the older 2 were around 17-18 and the younger 2 were around 13-14) they climbed in windows and heard a little more than they should have so, they all learned to call home 1st. LOL Just tell him to call first.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:14 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Let me get this straight... you're upset that your 18 year old rolls in at 9-930? did I get that right?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:52 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• So, I'm guessing I have this straight...

You are LUCKY he's home at such a RESPECTFUL time. he's a grown man, at this point. (as you said, no curfew). You can try to push this issue, but it won't go well. He's not a child anymore.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I have to repeat Lovinangels here.

Is that what you are saying?

Because I have to tell you. For my 18 yr old. That's pretty normal. He has tons of stuff going on, he's getting ready to move out, leave home for college next week. He's a busy guy lots of final things to do and take care of. That's about his normal/average getting home time most nights.

Now if your're saying that your 18 yr old is coming home like that and it's earlier than you expect.. And it's interfering with your time ((wink wink nodd nodd...LOL) or just your time to just "be" an dchill.. I get that too :-) Nothing like having grown kids who can be out and about, and you in turn get some much needed time home along, and them not be out and about... hahahaa
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Lol, Murphys law of child rearing!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• No, I'm not upset at anything, I was just asking if anyone else had this happen. I actually thought it was FUNNY. He is grown and out on his own, and we never had any problems with him. Sorry you guys took it the wrong way!!
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2010