is it normal for my three month old to know how to sit up by herself?

amiyamom

Asked by amiyamom at 10:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, she is advanced but its possible. My oldest daughter was sitting up by herself at 3 months, and crawling at 4.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 10:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• normal no but possible. she is advanced if she can do that!
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 10:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Agree with Lyndall. Wow that is SUPER early. Assisted or unassisted? Does she crawl too, like get herself into a sitting position after crawling?
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• All 4 of my kids were walking before they were a year old ? Was that normal ? Everyone is always worred about what's nomal, according to books they read and what they see other babies doing at certain ages. But all babies are different and will do certain things when they are ready. If your baby is ready to sit up at 3 months old...that's great. :) My second son was scooting around the crib when he was 3 days old. That wasn't "normal" from what I've seen with other babies, but it was normal for him..... he's 27 now and is still always on the go. LOL !
    summerdayz

Answer by summerdayz at 11:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• You can't edit posts here....so I would like you to ignore the question mark after my first sentence in my post at 11:00.. Replace that with a period...it's not a question. :)
    summerdayz

Answer by summerdayz at 11:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• That's awesome! My friends baby can completely roll over at 3 months! babies are amazing!!!!!
    ProudMomma2183

Answer by ProudMomma2183 at 3:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Thats great. My daughter was more interested in sitting up at 3 months than she is now at 5 months. Shes got too much going on now. lol
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 11:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2008