Alright, so I'm fat. Yep.

I am. I know I am. No one has to point it out. You know what if I could afford to eat better and join a fun adult team sport or gym I so would. But until I can. I will be fat. I will let my kids fill up on the veggies and I will eat the majority of the pasta. I will skip breakfast and eat a 1.00 pizza for lunch while they get a balanced reduced school breakfast lunch. In fact my DD is clinically UNDERWEIGHT. I'm fat my kids are very thin. I know what I should be doing I just can't afford it.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• and sometmies I just like being fat..seriously. I love to just look at people and be like "listen..I am Fat..I got it..but u don't have to drag me down because YOU don't like how I am..thank you". I have my fat days..if you ever need anyone to talk to ..im hear and I feel your pain!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I know how you feel... In my area if your low income you can get a free swim pass, I have a different issue though. I am chubby and want to use the free pass but have a big ugly scar on my arm that I can't show yet... :( I feel like if I was just fat I would. I get such anxiety, that I can't do it. But what about walking or jogging for you? Or at home yoga? Good luck, I understand!
    redwoodhunny

Answer by redwoodhunny at 7:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I completely do. It isnt easy with a busy schedual and kids to raise. I dont have the money to afford going to a gym or anything. But I try eating like a yogart and a protien bar in the morning. It's quick and easy. Have a indulgent pizza for lunch, then stack up on veggies for dinner with less pasta..and believe me I know how difficult it is! I am a EXTEREMLY picky eater..like u wouldnt believe..I hate everything but pasta lol. and everything counts for excersise ya kno! Sex, Washing dishes, vaccuming..it really does. So wat if u cant make it to the gym. Climb the stairs instead of taking the elevator, or go for a walk with your kids when you get home. Even just playing with the kids burns engery. I have been battling weight for atleast 13 years. I am 20..I recently lost 40 lbs because Iam pregnant. lol. But hopefully I am gonna beable to keep it off..I havent been under 300lbs since I was like..10 years old!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I so know where you are coming from, fatty junk food is much much cheaper than healthy food, I buy healthy food for my son but feel guilty eating it because its like his food and its pricey, so I will just eat the cheapo junk, I have to lose weight though, so I bought some grapes to snack on and some cucumbers and Im going to just serve myself half of what I would normally eat at a meal because its free to do that lol. Early in the morning sometimes on the tv there are some exercise programs
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• What's the question?
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• awe mommie u can do the grapefruit diet just eat one in the morning and w a granola bar and coffee at least
    it workd for me =)
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I forgot the question. sorry. Anyone else know where I am coming from.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I completely understand - we started eating a lot healthier and our food budget has gone up by more than 50%. The only thing that has saved us is that I planted a few veggies in a container garden this year. We have the space for more, but I'm not sure I have the time or energy to keep it up.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• for you to say that you cant afford to eat well is silly! I have my 5th child on the way, I spend about $700.00 a month on food, and simply dont buy junk, no fast food, unless it is a treat, and exercising is a wlak everyday! That seems like excuses...sorry!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:24 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Ok, let me get this straight...you can't afford to eat a little less and move a little more? You do not need to pay for a gym, walk at the park with your kids, it's free. They eat veggies, then you eat them too! Don't get me wrong...this is from one chubby to another. But I have been walking after dinner with my kids and I can see and feel the difference. I don't have to spend money to lose weight. I also don't HAVE to eat pasta...even though I could eat it morning noon and night! If you really want to NOT be fat, you know what to do. Don't sit in denial momma, get up and move!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:47 AM on Aug. 9, 2010