Chemical Pregnancy

how do you know if you have Chemical Pregnancy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• what is a chemical pregnancy? i know thats a dumb question but ive never heard of it?
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Have you ever had a late period? Noticed that your flow was slightly different, maybe a bit heavier? Perhaps your breasts felt more tender than usual. If you answered yes, then there is a chance you may have had a chemical pregnancy.

A chemical pregnancy refers to pregnancy loss very early on. In a chemical pregnancy, it is thought that an egg is fertilized but fails to implant. As a result, your body does not begin to produce the obvious signs of pregnancy.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• What Is A Chemical Pregnancy?
    A chemical pregnancy is the clinical term used for a very early miscarriage. In many cases, the positive pregnancy test was achieved before the woman’s period was due but a miscarrige occured before a heartbeat was able to be seen on an ultrasound.

With the ultra sensitive pregnancy tests on the market today, it is easier than ever to get a positive result 3 or 4 days before your period is due. It is wonderful for those who NEED to know, but does have it’s down side. Early testing shows chemical pregnancies which would not have been detected had the woman waited for her period to arrive.

Chemical pregnancies are unfortunately very common. 50 to 60% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage very early in pregnancy. Most occur without the woman even knowing that she was pregnant

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/chemical-pregnancy.html
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Chemical pregnancies are very common with women on BC, especially women with IUDs.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I was told that I had a chemical pregnancy when I told my doctor that I got a faint positive and started my peroid the same day. My peroid was just a little heavier than normal.Chemical pregnancies are more common than many think. It is just we have became more aware of them b/c we have a tendency to test too early. That is why they say do not test till you have missed your peroid. Chemical pregnancies are pregnancies that have been detected with a hpt, but have not been confirmed(usually by ultrasound). Meaning it didn't stick.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 10:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• thank you for explaining it to me!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I hate the medical terms for this :( It makes me sad. I hope you are doing ok. We have had 2 miscarriages, if you need someone to talk to, please feel free to PM me ((HUGS))
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I think most women have had one at one point in their lives
    chartymcchar

Answer by chartymcchar at 11:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My doctor said best estimates are that 60% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. As technology gets better we're just becoming more and more aware of these kinds of situations. Just try to remember it's not a failure on your part, its your body doing whats right to attempt to ensure a healthy, stable pregnancy. It's natural and the body has been doing this for a few thousand years.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Very true Serafyna. We had VTS (Vanishing Twin Syndrom) with our 3rd. I'd never heard of it but discovered 1 in 8 pregnancies is likely a twin, but it "vanishes" so early most don't even know it. But b/c of technologies and u/s being able to be performed earlier on (like with spotting/bleeding during pg) they are able to detect these things.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2008