Will the pain get worse?

I had my wisdom teeth removed on Friday and at first the pain was really bad but I woke up this morning and I feel fine, there is no pain at all. Will it come back do you think or did I just get extremely lucky?

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 8:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Health

• i woke up the next day and was So Amazed that most of the pain was gone! But, the third day was a little worse b/c i was So Swollen & i looked like a Little Chimpmunk!LOL i think you are over the worst part; just still Take it Easy b/c it was Major Surgery and the Last thing you want to get is a Dry Socket! Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• That's sounds about normal.

For me, when I had all of mine pulled.. The real "pain" was gone with 24 hours. There was still discomfort every now and then, but not pain. Even the discomfort went away within a few days, and then it was just getting used to that weird feeling of my teeth no longer being there.. lol

Usually when someone is following all their post op recommendations, being careful of what they eat and do for those few few days. The pain and such doesn't last long.. It just gets really bad if you end up with dry socket, or eat something that pokes (like corn chips, nachos..etc) and it pokes the new gum growth (ouch), or something like that occurs.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i was in horrible pain for 3 weeks. good luck : (
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 8:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I didn't have any pain, but i did get infection.....gross ! but i have a friend who was in horrible horrible pain....must depend on the person !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I didn't have any pain after the first couple hours, so I suspect you got lucky! I hope so. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I was fine the next day.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I had very little pain after my wisdom teeth were removed.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 8:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2010