What's wrong with his eye?!

Today my DS woke up fine and normal...a couple hours later he came out of DD's room with his eye swollen underneath. He says it doesn't hurt, but it looks horrible and seems to be swelling more and getting more red! The actual eye is fine, not red or running, he kinda looks like he got punched in the eye but niether one will tell me what (if anything) happened....any ideas what it could be?

MamaZena

Asked by MamaZena at 8:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It sounds like a bug bite. Give him a dose of benadryl and put some hydrocortisone on the bump
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• my sons upper eye lid swelled and it was an infection behind his eye. I personally would have it checked out if it doesn't go down by tomorrow.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Maybe something Bit him or he hit it on the corner of something- If it continues to get worse i would take him to the doctor-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Probably something bit him you might want to take him to the doctor.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You prob should take him to the doc to get checked, but my baby will rub one eye constantly when he is sleepy and if he does it long enough it gets red and tender but never too swollen
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Definately go to the Dr. the eyes you just don't want to mess outround with, well nothing, but just don't let it get out of hand.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 9, 2010