What's some awesome ways to make chicken breasts on the stove?

My oven went out yesterday, and I have chicken breasts in the fridge to be cooked. I usually bake them. I don't like just fried chicken breasts, so what can I make with them?

*I would like some recipes for them*

bethanysmom1007

Asked by bethanysmom1007 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love to dice them, steam them, plain and then mix with yogurt and grapes for an incredible salad !!!!! My kids go crazy for it....I like it too.....certainly something different from the norm !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Marinade in your favorite sauce Teriyaki, Italian dressing, Hawaiian, Caesar or whatever- grill in a pan and serve. Can also slice and put in salads or wraps-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Heat some olive oil in a pan, add chicken breasts- once they are cooked halfway, add a jar of your favorite salsa, then at the end, melt some cheese on top, and add fresh cilantro to add some flavor. Spice as necessary to taste!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 8:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Salt, pepper and any spice you like goes on the chicken first on both sides, heat some olive oil in a pan, throw the chicken on there on really high heat for about 2 minutes on each side to get it nice and brown. Then turn the heat down and pour some italian dressing over the chicken and cover it. Let it cook until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice & veggies!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Marinade them, you can also cut them up, steam some veggies, and boil a type of noodles. Mix all together and you have pasta.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Easy Chicken Cacciatore

1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
    4 (about 1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
    1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
    1 (15-ounce) container BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce
    1/2 cup water
    2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
    Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.
    Add sauce and water to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in cooked rice.
    Makes 4 servings.

Estimated Times
    Preparation Time: 10 mins
    Cooking Time: 10 mins
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 11:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• omg i love making tinga. u eat it with tostadas and avocado on the side. so healthy and sooo good!
    mommy2b0805

Answer by mommy2b0805 at 12:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i love chicken so thanks for these ideas
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:53 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Dice and use in a stir fry, fried rice or salad.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:11 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Can you grill? or use a crockpot?

Here's some stove ideas:
    Chicken Fajitas, using taco seasoning
    Barbecued chicken: Marinate in barbecue sauce, and cook on the stove

ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 11:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2010