What are good breakfasts?

I feel like I make the same things over and over...what is your childrens favorites?

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Dutch Baby Pancakes!

¼ cup milk and flour to ever egg.
    About 2 eggs per person.
    No more than 6 eggs in blender.
    A touch of vanilla extract for flavor is optional.
    For use as dessert add ¼ cup sugar per egg, chill and serve with desired topping.

Preheat oven to 425°. Blend eggs in blnder for 1 minute. As blender continues to run, gradually add milk, flour, and vanilla (if desired). Put a wedge of butter in pan, and place in oven. As soon as butter melts, pour in mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.

It's really tasty with lemon and powder sugar, or honey, or syrup works too =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Breakfast Quinoa

NOTE: Quinoa must be rinsed extremely well or it will be bitter

Cook 1 cup of quinoa in 1 cup of water and one cup of apple juice. Chill. Dice 2 small or 1 large apple small dice and add, add raisins and/or dried cranberries and walnuts or pecans- I just add them until it looks like enough, maybe 1/2 cup of each? Stir in vanilla yogurt to coat and make it bind together about 1- 1 1/2 cups. Serve cold

Answer by rkoloms at 8:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I love a bowl of quinoa made the way one would make it for dinner. We toast ours and then simmer in water until done; 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water.

For breakfast I warm it in a bowl with some milk and dried fruit, maybe some nuts.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My 19 year old son eats this all of the time: Scrambled, cheesy eggs and bacon served on a bagel with a huge glass of full fat milk. He's living away from home and attending college. Of course when he lived at home, it was turkey bacon and fat free milk. Yes, he is UNDERweight-and healthy as a horse-go figure:)
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Overnight French Toast
    2 large apples - peeled, cored and sliced
    3 Tbsp butter or margarine
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 cup dry sweetener of your choice
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1 cup apple juice
    1/2 cup plant or animal milk (I use vanilla soy)
    1/2 cup yogurt (I use vanilla)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    4-6 thick slices of day old bread
    In a saucepan, cook the apples in the butter/margarine until they start to soften. Add the cinnamon, dry sweetener, syrup and cook until the apples are nice and soft. Pour into the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan. In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients except bread. Dip the bread into the milk/yogurt mix and layer on top of the apple mix. Pour the remaining milk mixture over the top. Cover and refrigerate.
    In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 F. Uncover the baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes

Answer by rkoloms at 8:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• OATMEAL BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
    1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons baking powder
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
    2 cups milk (plant or animal)
    3 eggs, beaten (or egg substitute)
    1/4 cup olive oil (I think that olive oil is too heavy; I use softened butter or canned pumpkin)
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    Preheat a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat. In a large bowl, mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
    In a small bowl, mix oats and milk. Whisk in eggs and olive oil. Pour into the flour mixture all at once. Continue mixing until smooth. Gently fold in blueberries.
    Pour batter about 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared griddle. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, until bubbly. Flip, and continue cooking until lightly browned.

• My son loves waffles with fruit, cereal, Organic Blueberry bread, or oatmeal.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Fruit, yogurt, and granola; egg white, veggies, and cheese wrap; oatmeal with dried or fresh fruit & some cinnamon.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• omelettes
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:52 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My son loves my chocolate chip pancakes or french toast. He also likes the breakfast skillet I make once in a while.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2010