Question about paragard IUD

i'm scheduled toget one put in wednesday. i've had 3 babies vaginally. how much pain will i be in? is it a good idea to drive myself there? my dr is 45 minutes away.

dixie383

Asked by dixie383 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Health

• I am also interested in getting an IUD. Let me know how it works out for you.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 8:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i will comment back, after it's in.
    dixie383

Comment by dixie383 (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i had it it kind of hurt going in but i drove myself there and drove myself home it was really uncomfertible and when i had sex it hurt and it hurt my husband i thought it would be a good idea to get it but it wasnt not to scare you but i wish i didnt and mine come out and it hurt really bad when it did well good luck
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Well my midwife sprayed me with lidocaine and then gave me a shot of lidocaine and I felt just some tugging as she inserted it. I did cramp quite a bit for a couple days, but nothing unbearable. I drove myself here and back and it was about 30 minutes. I would call and talk with your office and see what they say. I still have mine 2 years later and absolutely love it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• SImple as pie! Small pinch when the Dr implants it..you could have small bleeding afterwards(bring a pad) but you could certainly ldrive your self home! Hardly any symptoms..men cannot feel it during sex..only thing i didn't like is that sometimes it made my periods late and i even switched dates a few times!!! *made me scared i was pregnant! but after 3 years of having it, i never got Pg-so it must have worked perfectly!! BUT: i did get an ovarian cyst, so just be careful and get checked once a year! :)
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• well it hurt less than getting a pap smear to put it in... but i've got pretty bd cramps now. wish i had something more than ibuprofen (i'm taking 800mg and it still hurts). and i'm doing some heavy spotting.
    i drove myself but had a sitter for my older kids. took my 4 month old with me.
    dixie383

Comment by dixie383 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010