Is it ok that my 2 month old has teeth coming in already?

I noticed yesterday my 2 1/2 month old son has 2 teeth that have broken through! it feels like the maybe his top cuspid teeth. everyone i have told is shocked and from what i am finding online those teeth do not normally come until 18 months... is this ok or should I be calling his Doc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no its perfectly normal. there have been cases where babies have been born with teeth. and teething normally starts anywhere between 4months and 18 months.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Hah! Cool! ..I've heard of babies being born with teeth as well. Probably isn't a horrible thing as long as you aren't nursing LOL You might want to find out about brushing them when they come in. :)
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 8:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Babies can be born with teeth.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Probably fine. Teeth don't always come in as expected. If you are really concerned, call the Dr. tomorrow.
    mzfam99

Answer by mzfam99 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My MIL Is a Labor and Delivery nurse and we were just discussing this. The stories that you hear of babies being born with teeth get your attention but those are not "real" teeth. They either fall right out or the dentist takes them out right away.
    Yes, it is okay for your baby to be teething this early.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Some babies are born with teeth if you can believe that!

Teeth and when they come in is just like everything else with babies, the range of normal is HUGE! So no, I wouldn't be worried about the age of your baby or which tooth it is that is coming in.

Teeth easy!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You should make your pediatrician aware. It is unusual but not unheard of. My ex step mom told me,her grandfather was born with a full set of baby teeth. It's just like anything else,there is a box for development that most babys and kids fall in and then there is everyone else. It's okay, Don't worry,just be sure and keep his little teeth good and clean:)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Losttheslipper I was wondering what breast feeding had to do with teeth. I have breast fed all my children and I didn't stop when they got teeth.

Some kids get their teeth in a strange order. It is fine that he is getting those teeth first. My youngest got her top incisors, bottom incisors, top eye teeth, bottom molars, top molars, and her bottom eye teeth have just broke through.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 11:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Normal... My son had teeth at 3 months.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• best if u see a doc.otherwise also what will you do.would u like to play with his growth pattern.just enjoy his growing up
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:23 AM on Aug. 9, 2010