Help, Does Anyone Have A Fig Tree?

I have this really pretty healthy looking fig tree, but everyday I find maybe 4-5 yellow leaves. Some days they have spots, some days they don't. We washed and rinsed with soap as books said, then we have sprayed with sevin a few times. I'm afraid to over water or under water. How often should I water, I usually water some from the top and always keep the tray filled, I have also fertilized it a few times. The leaves that are there are nice and shiney so I'm kind of not sure what to do?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Your pot may be too small for the roots, you are probably over watering since figs can withstand moderately dry conditions but not soggy soil. HERE is more info in the Fruit & Vegetable Gardening group..

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• no, sorry.
    Bump.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Sometimes yellowing of the leaves is due to too much water or too much fertilizer. Sometimes loss of leaves is due to environmental changes, like light levels, humidity or lack of, temperature. I have issues with my ficus tree if I move it. Recently it shed way to many leaves...Re-potting it brought it back to health. If it is due to a fungus or insects, you may have to re-pot it i sterile soil.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Thanks for the info on the HOME sight.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2010