What advice does anyone have regarding whether to split up my triplets or keep them in the same class when they enter kindergarten?

busymama4

Asked by busymama4 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have a friend who has twins and I asked her about what she plans to do just a few weeks ago. She said she hears both sides of it in her twins group. It really may just depend on your kids. Some kids do better together some do better apart. One thing she pointed out was that since her girls do not look alike it may be easier for them to be in the same class. Also, if one class works more on math first then the other does more reading, she said if one is ahead in one thing and the other in something else it would create big time tension in her house.
    I have been told the benefit of splitting the kids is if the argue a lot (MY SILs are twins and they fought a LOT) or the opposite. If they are so close they will not make other friends with the sibling there.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 8:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I don't have triplets, and my only child isn't ready for school yet, but I thought of this. Do you want them to each grow independantly? Or do you want higher chances of them depending on eachother? I have no experiance of course, but I kinda think if it were me, id split em up so they each get a chance to find their own way.
    Good luck!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I think it depends on what you feel would be right. Are your children dependent of one another or are they able to be independent of one another? If they are dependant upon each other it may benefit them to separate the two of the "closer". If they "know" how to engage with other children then I dont think it should really matter.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i met a mom of triplets at the grocery store. hers were in the 3rd grade at the time, and she has no plans of splitting them up. it makes life less complicated. they all return library books on the same day, where gym shoes on the same day, work on the same material at the same time, and take home projects are the same too! my twins are only 2, but i will keep them together at least through the 4th grade.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If it were me I think if the school gave me the option I would try it with them together and see how they do. For one, they would all have the same homework so it would be easier on you, LOL. two, just because they would all be together wouldnt mean that they wouldnt still do things seperately in the room and it would show them that they can make friends with others even with themselves being together but still have the comfort of feeling like they are together. I am sure if they were put in the same room that the teacher wouldnt have them doing everything together, I just feel like it would be a nice experience for them to experience it together! JMO tho! LOL
    sippincoffee

Answer by sippincoffee at 9:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I would keep them together. Later on they will be separated anyway. At least they will have friends in each other at first.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• If they get along well then having them in the same class should be a benefit - only one teacher to get to know, both kids doing the same projects, etc.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i would keep them together and see how it gose if the teacher says that they need to be split up then i would do it but try haveing them all together good luck i know i am going to keep my boys together as long as i can untill the teacher says other wise i just worrie about them makeing friends with out eachother but you know best and will do the best thing for your kids
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I would seperate them and at least they can have some type of individuality that way!I think it would make them feel more special to have seperate classes
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I think I would have a talk with the principal before school begins. If they have had any experience at all with multiples I'm pretty sure you can get some good advice from him or her.
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010