How far apart would be ideal for you? And how many?

How far apart would you prefer your kids to be in age? I think that 2.5-5 years is my ideal range for them to apart. How many kids do you want/did you want/do you have? I want three to four. Up to three of my own, then after they're out of the house I would like to adopt.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am having # 5 all of them are about 1.5 years apart. We will probably have about 7! I wont have them after 30! I am 24 now! The military puts something in the water..lol
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• 2 kids is perfect for me and I wanted them 2-3 years apart but I got them 20 months apart.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I think My only would like no other children ever around me :) Lol!! I think not only was he the hardest child in the world, he was BORN an only for this reason also - I wanted 2, can only handle my child who seems to be and act like 15 children in 1
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• When I was a teen I wanted just 1 kid. But when DH and I got married I had 1 DD and we decided we wanted 4. I think anywhere form 2.5 - 4 yrs is good. Even 5 if you really want to focus on 1 on 1 time with each kid. My kids are 7 1/2 yrs between #1 and #2. The other 3 (yep, we have the 4 we wanted) are 2.5 yrs between.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• One only. That's all we want. If we were to have more, the age difference would already be four years... But one is perfect for us- we still have enough money and time to be ourselves, and give our child everything we want to. I don't think there's anything wrong with more than one! It's just what works for us.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I always thought I'd like the spacing of 1 1/2-2 years, so far my oldest two are a year apart to the day, and my second and third are about 13 months apart. My husband and I would like to have a considerably large family, we are ultimately just taking it a day at a time.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• @ 2 years apart. 3 little kids at a time is all i can handle. i have a ss who is 11 and we have him with us about 1 month per year. my othe kids are in 26 month increments. youngest is 4 months old now. i'm getting an iud weds. lol
    dixie383

Answer by dixie383 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I only have one son right now.

I wanted my kids to only be 3 years apart, but I'm not getting my way. Right now I'm up to 4 years and 3 months apart. And that's IF I got pregnant this cycle.

I want at least 2 kids. Depending on how I handle the 2nd, I could see myself with up to 5 kiddos.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Ideally we wanted to let nature space them (I nursed and let them wean themselves) and thought 2-3 years would be good. I wanted 2 and DH originally wanted 4 until he figured out how much work they were. We now have a boy and girl who are 25 months apart and we are done.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I want 2 kids. I have a 21month old I want my kids to be 2-3 yrs apart. I guess I need to start working on the second.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:41 PM on Aug. 8, 2010