Does this sound fair to you?

My husband sister, son and I all live in the same 2 bedroom apartment. I am tired of the house being a constant pigsty all the time and with school starting in a matter of weeks I know it is going to get worse. My sister Teresa will be attending school 5 days a week, my husband 4 days a week and me 2. I will clean the bathroom and my husband and my bedroom. Teresa will do the living room and keep her bedroom clean. My husband will do the kitchen.

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 9:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Sound good to me
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• sounds like a fair deal if everyone agrees!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Sounds good to me! I think I might even have to work a deal out like that in my house- pretty soon to be 5 people in a 3 bedroom house. Hmm... thanks for the great idea!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Maybe make your sister up a schedule, so every day there is a time for her shower and she can do laundry one day a week or you can do that for her. I love laundry, but I know some do not.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I think so.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Do a specific chore chart for everyone with a day by day break down of what needs to be done. That will help your sister and make is so it isn't all overwhelming. And if your sister needs rewards for her chart....go with star stickers and do like I did my kids to get them in the habit.....after a week of stars they got ice cream at Chick-Fil-A.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:16 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Now the trick is just to get everyone to do it consistantly! My sister is mentally disabled and it is really hard to get her to clean anything, let alone talk her into taking a shower or washing her clothes.
    luvsmysonjames

Comment by luvsmysonjames (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Thats a good idea. I actually really enjoy doing the laundry I just hate folding it. I would also need her to pay for it herself though.
    luvsmysonjames

Comment by luvsmysonjames (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2010