is it just me or are ER ultra sound techs not as good as your dr?

i went to the ER this morning i paniced and thought something was wrong so we went to make sure and i had an ultra sound and the tech said oh your not 11 weeks your 9 weeks .. which is funny cause about three weeks ago they said i was 5 weeks and then my dr said i was 8 and now they are telling me im 2 short than whaat my dr says and plus the fetus looks like a baby it wouldnt look baby like if i was 9 weeks likeit really looks like a baby i was so happy and its heart beat was 171 i mean who would yoiu trust your dr or the ER tech ? i trust my dr besides my dr said my due date wasnt gonna change lol its what he said it was ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• trust your doc... i was in the er last week for a minor car accident. I'm 15 weeks and the er tech said my baby was 4 1/2 inches and 4 ounces. I read my baby book and at 15 weeks the baby should be around 4 inches (which what she said for that may be alright) but only about 1 ounce. so she was not to accurate on her information.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 10:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• thats what i thought i just laughed when he said it because it looks like a baby now not like well as my SO says a tadpole lol it looks like a real baby and i knopw for all i have read at 9 weeks it wouldnt look that way i just thought it was so funny lol
    Anonymous

• ER anything is never as good. You pay more money for crappier service. Listen to your doctor. But I knew my LMP, and my doctors were telling me I was wrong by 2 weeks because the baby was measuring small. I was originally due April 4th, 2007, and my due date was changed to April 18th, 2007...my daughter was born April 11th, 2007. One week later than I thought, and one week earlier than they though. My daughter is REALLY small for her age, as was I, so I consider her to have been born at exactly 41 weeks. She didn't want to come out even after she was induced.
    NightMarezMommy

Answer by NightMarezMommy at 11:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• yes... the ER ultrasound lady told me 100% boy. and that i am due like 2 weeks before my due date. nope and nope! having a girl!
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 1:01 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• trust your doc. i was told by a er that my baby was fine,then two weeks later i go to my doc and they cant hear a heart beat,they did a ultrasound and stated that my baby had been gone about 3 weeks.i was half way through my pregnancy.if you feel anything is wrong call your doctor,they are there for you,they dont get frustrated,its there job and better safe then sorry!
    Anonymous