Does anyone rent movies through their Wii?

Via Netflix? Are you satisfied with the picture quality and the movies that you get to rent? Right now we rent movies through our cable company, but it is expensive...considering changing to the Netflix.

CoCoMom89

Asked by CoCoMom89 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Entertainment

• LOVE it. We are currently on a mythbusters marathon, but we have watched everything from animation to documentaries to cg enhanced movies and they have looked great. I am not sure what qualifies as old to the PP but we get the steaming movies about the time they come out on DVD, though not all are available and some are only for a short time. The movies stream from the Starz pay channel list, so what you have to watch is what you would see there. Disney channel and a couple of other tv networks have the current seasons on their shows available the week they air, (syfy is currently in negotiations for some their first run shows as well) can't get much newer than that.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I'd like it better if you could get the newest movies through the Wii, however, you can get them one at a time through the mail, so it's still a good deal.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Yes, we have been doing it for about two months and we love it. It is good quality and there are a lot of movies to choose from.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I ♥ instant streaming for the Wii. The only problem is that the movies that they have for instant stream are not always you want to watch. Meaning the instant stream has a very limited availability.Now you still get movies by mail, so you can see all the movies you want, but you will have to wait until they come through the mail. For $8 a month you can't beat it.
    :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• No. We have the wii but don't use it. We have always lived a bit behind the modern times. We just now got wireless high speed.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I also want to try netflix
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 12:37 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I do it to supplement the netfil movies we already get. Since the streaming one are the old ones.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 7:59 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We do it through the xbox 360 and I love it! Most of the time the picture quality is really good and its amazing how many movies or shows you can choose from. - there has been a couple times that I didn't care for the quality of the film, but that has been pretty rare. Our kids love it too- we just load up our que with a ton of our faves and anything new we haven't seen. I really do like having that feature with netfilx and xbox.

roseisrose

Answer by roseisrose at 9:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I do and we love it
    karensavell

Answer by karensavell at 2:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• A few months ago we received our Wii Netflix disc. We love it. We haven't had any problems with picture quality or anything. I like that it doesn't count against the number of movies we get per month under our Netflix plan. There are plenty of movies to watch through the Wii, but they are not the most recent movies. It's worked out good on a couple of occasions when the movies we had through the mail were not good for our kids to watch, but we wanted to watch something as a family. We picked out some movies through the Wii & it worked great. We've had Netflix for awhile now & I've never had a problem.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2010