Any advice on breast pumps? I want to breastfeed and pump too... Which breast pump would you recommend?

Starsluv

Asked by Starsluv at 9:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I exclusively pumped for the first 3 months because my son was in the NICU. I liked the Medela Pump In Style. I also have a Medela Harmony hand pump which works great for small amounts and infrequent pumping.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 9:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You can rent a really effective high quality breast pump from most hospitals. Call the one you are plannning your delivery. The freedom a pump will give you is awsome:)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Thanks... Is the Medela Pump in Style electric?
    Starsluv

Comment by Starsluv (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I have a Medela Swing pump, and love it. I get a lot of milk when I pump.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I loved my Medela I believe it was the pump in style not sure. It was a dual electric pump in a carry case with a little cooler. I loved it! I used it for well over a year and never had to replace any parts. I did steam clean the parts tubes and every thing with the microwave bags to make sure it all stayed sanitized. And my cousin was able to use it for a year as well. The thing rocked!

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Medela Pump-in-Style! It's awesome. I used mine for a year, three times a day at work. And yes, it's a dual electric pump. You can either plug it in or use batteries (you can also buy an adapter for your vehicle).
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I like the brand Medela...they are the best ones out.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I have a lansinoh double electric. It's half the price of the medela. It works great. BPA free.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• dont get a hand pump it will make your hands hurt from the pumping. an electronic one will also get more milk out
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 1:32 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• you def.get what you pay for!! Splurge on it you wil be happier in the end!!!
    proudmama9128

Answer by proudmama9128 at 2:23 AM on Aug. 9, 2010