My 1 1/2 year old fell and broke his front "baby" tooth...about 1/4 off the bottom..what to do?

I am going to take him to the Dentist in the morning to check for nerve damage, however, I was wondering if there is anything cosmetic that can be done at such a young age?

momof2boyz0103

Asked by momof2boyz0103 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes...he can get porcelain caps at that age. My nephew's mom would give him soda in his sippy cup to go to sleep with at night and at the age of two his teeth started rotting out. They put metal caps on his tetth because it's all that medicaid would pay for...but if you have better insurance than that, you can get it capped with porcelain.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Teeth*

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Thanks for the response AvasMommy...do you know if they used anything other than a numbing agent to put the caps?
    momof2boyz0103

Answer by momof2boyz0103 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My daughter had problems with her front teeth. Part of the problem was juice in sippy cup at night and other part was falling and breaking tooth. Her teeth was not able to be repaired so they ended up pulling her 4 top front teeth. She has had no problems now. Doesn't bother her that she doesn't have the teeth. I just sometimes have to watch what she eats, if it is to tough for her to bite down on. They talked about making her false teeth for when she starts school, she is 2 now, but i don't think we will invest in that. i hear that kids usually lose them.
    Anonymous

• Yes...they put my nephew in a twilight sleep. He was still alert enough to hear and see but he couldn't move or feel anything. He had SEVEN teeth capped and two pulled.

Here is a website about twilight anesthesia to help you out!

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-twilight-anesthesia.htm

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Broken teeth are a bit different then baby bottle mouth. My son broke his front teeth in the pool (they were his permanent ones at that) and the dentist bonded them. You wouldn't even know that they were bonded. He has had to have the bonding done a couple of times when they chipped off but our dentist does it at no charge.

candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• MY 17 MO OLD GRANDSON FELL OFF THE BED AND KNOCKED LOOSE BOTH OF HIS FRONT BOTTOM TEETH . THE DENTIST PULLED THEM AND SAID, HE WOULD BE OK WITHOUT THEM TILL THE OTHERS CAME IN.HE'S DOING FINE, JUST BITES ON THE SIDE TOOTH.GOOD LUCK TO YOURS.
    NANA-T

Answer by NANA-T at 12:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2008