Why is it that I don't like to ask for help?

I am so stubborn, I want to do everything myself, I am a little OCD too when it comes to having stuff done my way, but I have two kids under 2 and I can't ask for help and if someone offers I get annoyed and refuse them. I think I am a control freak. How do I get rid of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm the same way! I have to have things a certain way for a reason. It may not make sense to other people, but it makes sense to me. I don't know how to fix it either. I don't want to fix it, actually... because I like having things a certain way for a reason! LOL
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I don't know.. I'm like this too! I guess you just have to work more at it! Just a little bit at a time!! Good luck with that! Know you're not alone!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Yeah you are in good company. I am the same way.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I guess with anything, you need to pick your battles. is it the END of the world if your counter isn't wiped the way you wanted or had to RE wipe it?? no but the offer of help is nice, its still clean, and when and if you have time, you can REdo it the way you want.. I stopped my tendancies of hoarding!! by starting to throw my shit away
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I don't either.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 9:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Everybody is like that...we like things done a certain way...When you have kids you dont trust them with just anybody and you want to be their everthing...It will get better when they are older...You just bein a great Mommie...keep up the great work...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:25 AM on Aug. 9, 2010