Do you think this was rude also ???

Today was my daughters 4th birthday party ... and I invited a few girls from her dance class.... one little girl and her mom showed up and you can tell that this mom is the kind who wants her and her kids to be center of attention because she can in really nice clothes, "perfect" hair and a face full of makeup -- to a kids BBQ birthday party .... and her little girl had on a dress that had a cupcake on it.... the kind that she should wear to her own party.... A few of my fiance's co-workers came ( who have never met me or my daughter) and assumed that this little girl was the birthday girl...... I think it is very rude and I really believe this woman did it on purpose, do you agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No,not at all.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I don't see the big deal
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Some little girls really love to dress up for parties. My own DD would love to wear a frilly dress to a birthday party, even if it wasn't her own. Those are the best reasons TO WEAR such a dress, for I am sure her mom doesn't let her wear it just to go out and play. I doubt she was tyring to show your DD up. :) :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:53 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I kind of see your point, my daughter wore a pink dress with a cupcake on for her first b-day!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i would look nice and make sure my family looked nice being invited over to a bday party at someone's house
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I don't see the big deal either. And honestly...not trying to be mean, but you sound kinds of jealous.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I think they just wanted to be part of the party.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 9:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Maybe its her party dress,,at least she didnt come in tattered jeans and a t-shirt that says ZZ top on it,,,,lol,,,
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I couldn't say it was intentional. If they have the money to dress up like that all the time it may just be the mother's personality. I know I like to dress up and dress my kids up. I have boys, no girls, but I would think she was attempting to be into the birthday party mode with the cupcake dress?? Unless it was all crazy with the tutu and frills, then that's a bit overboard. I would have been happy she came, especially if she was the only one from dance class to show.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I agree with KairisMama, I doubt she did it on purpose, just thought the dress was perfect for a birthday party - I can be kind of clueless like that too. However I don't agree with putting make up on a 4 year old.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2010