Is this normal for a two year old

Since we have a roommate my two year old son still shares a room with my husband and I. He has his own sleigh style toddler bed and to give him some privacy we hung some curtains around the bed. Whenever he gets tired at night (usually between 8-9) he will go behind the curtain and put himself in his bed and go to sleep. We don't have to do a thing besides the usual bath and dinner. As long as we keep the TV low he will sleep until about 8 in the morning. I told my Mom this when I on the phone with her earlier and she seemed surprised but she didn't say anything because she thinks its stupid that he still sleeps in our room.

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 9:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• may goodness i would love it if my kids put themselves to bed. your lucky on that part. and as for him being in your room because you still have a roommate well... you gotta do what you gotta do to make ends meet . im sure having a roommate isnt because you really want one and its to help out with the rent so at least you have given your son and yourselves a little bit of privacy.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I'm just wondering when you have sex when you have a toddler in your room.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• whatever works and that sounds amazing
    i still sleep with my twin boys we all cuddle
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• lucky lucky woman... but yes how do u have sex? lol
    mommy2b0805

Answer by mommy2b0805 at 11:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Strange, count your blessings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My son will be 2 this week and still doesn't even sleep through the night.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Lol. We don't actually have sex all that much for that very reason.
    luvsmysonjames

Comment by luvsmysonjames (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• my dd sleeps through the night she goes to bed between 8-9 and wakes up between 7-8 no big deal i think it's normal. She rarely wakes up too.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• @butterflyblue....is it really your business to know when they have sex? i mean really??? thats kind of personal.

@OP, my child still sleeps in bed with us! so it is up to you how you run YOUR house! you are the mom and you make the rules. dont let anyone else tell you different!! good job momma!!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 10:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• People throughtout time and in most cultures share sleep with their children and others. People always figure out how to have sex. You don't have to have sex in bed. You don't have to have sex so loud you would wake up the child.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• When my dad was a child, his family lived in a room above a bar as that was all they could afford. His mom, dad and him all in ONE ROOM!!  You do what you have to do sometimes. He grew up just fine. Owned his own company and retired early. He is now home driving my mother crazy on a daily basis. Which is why she continues to work part time even though they can afford if she didn't.smile

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2010