How do you motivate yourself to exercise?

I really need to lose some weight. I have really started to watch my calorie intake and cut back on my pop and try to drink water. I need to start exercising but just can not motivate myself to do it. I have started taking the 3 flights of stairs to get to my office. Wanting some ideas on how to get motivated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I have to have another person motivate me... I can be laying around and my sister comes over and starts moving and I do to.. weird...
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 11:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Glad to see you are making some positive changes so far. Keep up the good work. The importance of good health is my main motivation to exercise!
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 8:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I just remember that I want to fit into my old jeans, look better than my sister, and have guys check me out again. haha... really though once you get exercising you feel so great... it's just hard to start. lol... I walk a few miles a day and the start sucks! but once I'm going I love it. don't push yourself, start out slow and build your way up. lol
    chscris04

Answer by chscris04 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Teach it.

No, really, that is why I exercise. I am not motivated on my own. So I studied and got certified and now I am obligated to show up and lead classes 4 days a week. I used to walk three miles a day with a neighbor. I also had joined a class in the past, but I kept coming up with excuses to not go, but I did go a lot, since I had paid for the classes. So those are my suggestions, join a class, get a neighbor or friend to help motivate you, or teach. Also park far away in parking lots and walk- saves gas, too.

Answer by Bmat at 3:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008