The NERVE of some people!!! (vent)

We had a meeting to agree on more visitation for dh's ex wife after she returned her from "extending her visit" (kidnapping her). She told me that I will never be family to the little girl that I call my dd. Yesterday when my dd came home from visiting with her, my dd told me that her mommy said that I need to buy her new panties because the ones she had on were too small on her. They were her size, but they fit a little snug. Anyway, I just can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that according to this sorry excuse for an ovary donor, I will never be family to her, yet it is MY responsibility to buy her things? Just a side note, I love buying things for my dd, and I do feel it's my responsibility, but not her place to use a little girl as a messenger to tell me so. I've spent more money on my dd than she owes in child support. Grrr! lol

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 10:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Grrr.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:53 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I totally understand...just count...1..2..3...and breathe....you dd knows you love her and that is all that matters. (: Good Luck! :)
    cjzmom

Answer by cjzmom at 10:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• wish you the best of luck with everything just think of who it is comeing from
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• She knows u love her and you take good care of her. So she is going to take advantage of that. Keep doing what you are doing and good luck.And be the bigger woman of the situation since you already know what you are dealing with.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Sounds like the bio mom is doing everything she can to make sure that "her" daughter loves her more. Try not to get too frustrated by it, your DD knows that you love her and when she's grown she'll be even closer to you because of what her bio mom put her through. She'll realize that you didn't talk bad about her "real" mom and that you were the one always there for her, her bio mom will be the one hurt in the end.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I hear you but if they are snug they could cause a yeast infection. Maybe that's all mom was trying to let you know. I wouldn't buy them by size. I'd buy them by fit.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I just bought 7 pair of Hanes for $4.00 at Target so I'm not understanding the problem. Just buy them that fit her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Well they were the only ones that fit her that way and her bm kept taking her panties and not returning them, so it was all I had available at the time. I think if she was really that concerned, she should have said it directly to me instead of using her as a messenger. Also, it's hard to buy them by fit when she can't try them on in the store lol. IKWYM though. Thank you ladies for the encouraging words and advice!
    nicolemstacy

Comment by nicolemstacy (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• she just wants to get at you dont let it bother you, you are her real mother right now, and you know how to be a real mother!! just because she is the birth parent, doesnt make her a real mother, just remember that, keep being the real mother to her, she just enveyed that your being more of a mother to her own daughter than she could ever be at this moment in time.
    tamithy

Answer by tamithy at 11:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• thats crazy
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2010