S/O: if this is good enough for the POTUS....?

...why isn't it good enough for others???

in another post, someone wrote.. ''Just b/c he (BO) does not support gay marriages...does not mean he is anti-gay.'' my curious mind wonders why he's not a 'hater'..since, as evident in most of the posts here the last few days, others who claim to not support/but have no problem with gays.. are labeled as such.
anyone care to enlighten me on the difference? am i confused??

disclaimer: i'm not bashing or debating, just curious if there's a double-standard.

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 10:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• lol Cause he is the almighty O and can say/do no wrong! Just cause he says one thing and then says the total opposite doesn't mean he meant it! Sheesh! Don't hate on Obama! lol

http://www.lavenderliberal.com/images/bloggy/obama-zombies.jpg

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:55 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• The GREAT OBAMA gets a pass.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I have no problem with Obama having a stance and sticking to it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this issue despite what some on here would have you believe. I have a problem with the direct hypocrisy in peoples answer from one question to the next. I have a problem with people voting answers down and crawling people up one side and down the other and people calling others UGLY name when their beliefs dont line up. I have a problem with those SAME people getting into another question and giving the president a complete pass when he holds the SAME VIEWS that they JUST belittled others for. If you think the stance is crappy enough to deserve horrible name calling of some on here then at LEAST call the one in a position to DSO something the same thing!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Good question, I can't wait to see what answers turn up.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I just wonder why people who are not pro gay are called homophobes? Does that mean anything you happen to disagree with makes you some kind of "phobe"? I guess people who resort to the childish name calling are just painted into a corner and simply can't think of anything mature to say.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 8:52 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• That is why I posted that question!!! Sometimes people who judge and do all the silly labeling need to figure it out on their own! They need to feel good about coming to a conclusion instead of people telling them the truth! ;)
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Obama is just as flawed as the rest of the homophobes who insist they "don't care" yet go out of their way to vote against it, given the chance. AKA the exact opposite of "not caring".
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• good point!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Amen sister! I just pointed that out in the last question.....it's too funny :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I think I know the intention of the statement. Think of it this way... I'm Not a supporter of dogs in the house, but I'm not anti-dog. While I fully intend to limit the freedom of the dogs, I love them. They are okay outside in the yard only.

This is hypothetical. My dogs are inside. ;)
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2010