Agave Syrup

Where can I get this, how much does it cost and does it alter the taste of foods? I keep hearing about this and seeing it used on food network but have yet to see it in the grocery stores in my area. I could be missing it though. If things are on high shelves, I tend not to see it (too short)

Asked by tyfry7496 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I am almost certain Woodman's sells it if you live near one. I believe I saw it in the organic section.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I got mine at the grocery but don't use it anymore. It's too sweet for me and the more I'm learning about it, it's not as healthy as they tell us it is. It is still processed. I've gone back to using honey, real maple syrup or molasses
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I use it You have to get used to it It is not the only sweetner I use I use maple syrup and organic sugar too
    It will probably be in the organic or the glutten free section of your store depending on your area
    It is a bit pricey IMO about 5 buck for an 8 oz bottle but sometimes it is the best fit for the recipe or a cup of tea
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• TJ Maxx has had organic agave syrup recently. 23oz for $5.99 which is a really good price.

I buy the raw syrup only. I use it in smoothies and raw food only, not cooking.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:41 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• ive never heard of it sorry
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:45 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It is usually with other sweeteners, around 3-5 dollars a bottle.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:33 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• never heard of it....
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 1:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Maple syrup is a better option. There is a lot of controversy surrounding agave syrup

Answer by rkoloms at 7:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2010