WHAT HAPPENS AT A HIGH RISK VISIT?

THIS WILL BE MY FIRST VISIT. I HAVE TO GO TO A HIGH RISK DOCTOR BECUZ IM HAVING TWINS AND BLEEDING IN THE BEGINNING. BUT WILL I GET TO SEE THE BABIES TOMORROW?? HAVE ANYONE BEEN BEFORE?? WHAT HAPPENS?? JUST CURIOUS!

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 11:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• first congrats on twins when i was pregnant with mine i went all the time its just to make sure everything is going good nothing to be worried about i got to see my boys all the time if you need someone to talk to you can message me my boys are going to be 4 months old
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 11:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My pregnancy was considered high-risk because of my age and health (I had on my one and only at 37). Other than 5 ultrasounds, everything else was pretty routine. I think it depends on how far along you are to have an ultrasound, too. But if you already know you are having twins, chances are good that you will have one! Good luck and congratulations, mama!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I was high risk b/c of an incompetent cervix. I had to see my reg. OB/GYN every two weeks and my Perinatologist every two weeks. I did have an ultrasound every other visit (probably b/c of my condition). They took my history and told me what I could expect from them over the next few months. It helped calm me about my pregnancy and helped greatly that I knew I had 2 drs. that would be monitoring me : )
    BobbieB

Answer by BobbieB at 11:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I was high risk because of an ectopic pregnancy, and had an ultrasound at my first visit. other than that pretty routine. Best wishes and congratulations on the twins!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• congrats!
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 8:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I see that you've already had good answers. When I saw a perinatologist with my first pregnancy, it was really all fairly routine, except for a couple of extra ultrasounds. The idea of having to see a specialist is daunting, but the visits are fairly routine. Good luck!

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• THANKS EVERYONE!
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2010