Difference between smoking or farting next to someone;)???

Ok, just for fun, what's the difference. I've always wondered. Even if you're a smoker, think about it. How does one feel when that little old lady goes by with her excrutiatingly strong perfume? You're left gasping for breath and hoping YOU don't smell like that after they walk away. I never have the right "ammo" to go stand next to someone smoking and just start passing gas... but I think it would be kinda funny.. I've experienced having to enhale they're toxic gases;) w/out my consent. Just wondered what their reaction would be to mine. Especially when you're at events where my children and I will be there for a while, it's an interesting situation.

I'd like to note that I never make a scene. Depending on the brand or something, sometimes we can stay and sometimes it's just too strong or the wind is blowing right at us.

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 11:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i always politely say,
    "excuse me. could you shift over just a little bit? the wind is blowing your cancer in my face. thanks."
    they always do. Just don't be rude about it.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:34 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• While both are unpleasant one is really bad for your health leading to possible disease although if you have allergies perfume can be quite harmful too!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Any one farting is just gross. I don't know why, but I always think "If they just would say excuse me when they do fart it might be better." But when you think about it, it doesn't lesson the smell one bit...
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• what hill said they are both unpleasant and one is bad for your health
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• They're hoping you didn't notice;)
    thelowlander

Comment by thelowlander (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• They're both unpleasant but smoking is just more socially acceptable. I don't know which is worse though, they're both gross.
    Erinh1985a

Answer by Erinh1985a at 12:13 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I don't know if they would be able to smell the fart over their smoke LOL!! . I know for me I move around if I can I can't do either one perfume or smoke they give me horrible headaches so I try to avoid all if I can
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:10 AM on Aug. 9, 2010