How can i get my two year old to listen to me in public?

she is great when its just me and her.... but in public i feel she is testing boundaries and idk how to react.

mommy2b0805

Asked by mommy2b0805 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get down to eye level with her and calmly tell her that if she doesn't stop, then you'll take her outside. Don't be ashamed to publicly put her in time out either. I tell my dd that everywhere we go there are corners and if she doesn't behave, I'll put her in a corner in front of everyone. That usually does the trick! GL!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It starts at home...like me i would let my son get away with alot of things while in the house...and then when we out in public he does the same things and then i'm embarrass...so i started correcting him while at home...
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 11:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• yea she gets time out at home. we do the 1 2 3 method and it always works at home. but once there are others around it stops.
    mommy2b0805

Comment by mommy2b0805 (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Well...my son gets 2 chances to behave in public. 2nd time we leave the store.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2010