Need some hair advice for toddler

I have cursed my beautiful baby girl with very thick curly hair. The problem is that since she is mixed her hair is like Shirley Temple curls so they get tangled and knotted very easily. I have tried everything. She seems to be very sensitive. Right now, I use Fructis Shampoo, conditioner and leave in conditioner. I use baby oil to help. Any ideas or thoughts?

JDBacon

Asked by JDBacon at 11:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is mixed. I use fructis as well. It seems to do the trick. I also use Pink (black hair care product) and Just for me. They work great. I also put her hair up a lot.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 11:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I had thought about having it done but she freaks when a comb is in the same room.
    JDBacon

Comment by JDBacon (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i know a few people that swear by Pink. if her hair is very course, however, it may not work. my sister is mixed, and nothing works for her hair. she just ended up straightening it...i'm not sure if she used a relaxer or a hair straightener,..i'd have to ask her. sorry i'm no help. GL i know it can be a pain, especially on a toddler!

armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• That Pink stuff works great! I'm white, but my hair is very thick and gets crazy if I don't put anything in it. I use Pink and it smooths it out nicely. A detangle spray will help when you're styling her hair too. You're so lucky that your dd has hair! Lol my 14 month old is still pretty much bald haha
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• LOL My daughter until about age one was my adorable baby boy. (She was very bald) My son until recently was my beautiful baby girl. Only about 2 years ago people realized he wasn't a girl. He has the same hair. Now of course it is shaved.
    JDBacon

Comment by JDBacon (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• There this new stuff out called mixed chicks...i havent used it myself...but you can give it a try.. it was designed by a lady that is black/white and wanted to make a product for mix ppl texture of hair
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 11:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• tezmom -thats excatly what I was gonna put !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• good luck hun
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:05 AM on Aug. 9, 2010