Is there a website that will help get kids backpacks for school?

My husband and I have had a rough couple of years financially and last week my husband was hospitalized. :( He had to miss a week of work and we live paycheck to paycheck! I was able to get the kids supplies, but haven't been able to get backpacks, socks, undies, etc.... Someone told me to try wishuponahero, but I had no luck there. I have called and lef messages at a couple of chuches, but haven't had any return phone calls yet. I'm not one to swallow my pride and ask for help, but this is something they really do need.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in

• http://www.examiner.com/x-14144-DC-Single-Moms-Examiner~y2009m7d30-Get-your-free-backpack
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 11:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• What state are you in?
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 11:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I don't know of a website but the Salvation Army usually gives out backpacks at their back-to-school during their back to school activates.
    MamaSin-dRN

Answer by MamaSin-dRN at 1:13 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I am not sure but have you checked out wishuponahero.com ?
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 12:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Several agencies do that here. Call 411 (that's the United Way information line) for referrals.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I know where I live there are several community outreach organizations that do things like this. Contact a local community center or even local stores that take donations and hopefully they can give you info.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2010