Is there a website that will help get kids backpacks for school?

My husband and I have had a rough couple of years financially and last week my husband was hospitalized. :( He had to miss a week of work and we live paycheck to paycheck! I was able to get the kids supplies, but haven't been able to get backpacks, socks, undies, etc.... Someone told me to try wishuponahero, but I had no luck there. I have called and lef messages at a couple of chuches, but haven't had any return phone calls yet. I'm not one to swallow my pride and ask for help, but this is something they really do need. We live in Missouri and have 3 kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• You could try your local Freecycle - freecycle.org
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• check your local paper to see where the giveaways are...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:56 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I know our local Salvation Army offers school supplies etc for low income people. Do you have one in your area? Also, call your local welfare dept, they are a great source of information for this sort of thing.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• well, if you would have started school shopping earlier, you could have gotten a little here and there! we are military, so for underpriveledged miltary families we have a support group, for civilians i am not sure, but it is your responsibility, and you need to prepare furthere in advance, sorry if that sounds mean, but i have # 5 on the way, and we never have them without what they need!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2010